The Mid-Atlantic Region of The Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc.
Manager of Chaplaincy & Clinical Ministries
Lexington Medical Center
Wake Forest Baptist Health System
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Chaplaincy and Clinical Ministries oversees the provision of appropriate spiritual care services to inpatients and their families, hospital and hospital related staff, designated outpatients, and other identified persons and groups related to health care in the Wake Forest Baptist Health-Lexington Medical Center community. Clinically, this professional serves in the role of Chaplain and FaithHealth Liaison.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: B.A. or B.S. degree from accredited college or university and four years’ as a chaplain or with clinical pastoral education. M.Div. or equivalent theological degree from an ATS accredited Seminary, School of Divinity.
REPORTS TO: Director, The Department of Chaplaincy and Clinical Ministries–Wake Forest Baptist Health. Dotted line to President, Lexington Medical Center.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Ordination endorsed by the particular demonization of membership. Eligible for certification as Board Certified Chaplain by the Association of Professional Chaplains, with completed board certification preferred.
(For more information, go to Wake Forest Baptist Health (wakehealth.edu) and enter Key Words, Mgr, LMC Chaplaincy or Job ID 14104)
Supervisor, Clinical Pastoral Education.
University of Virginia Health System
Interested individuals may apply on line using the following web-site, https://uvahealth.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=28058 .
Responsible for developing curriculum, syllabi and educating/supervising students enrolled in Level I, Level II and CPE Supervisory Education programs. Responsible for providing oversight of all CPE programs insuring compliance with regards to ACPE accreditation and certification standards. Insure that the ACPE programs are cutting edge and indicative of best practice in the field of Clinical Pastoral Education. Responsible for providing and coordinating pastoral care with patients, families, visitors, staff; medical students, and community clergy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Clinical Pastoral Education
2. Provides day-to-day supervision of chaplain residents and interns
3. Ability to teach effectively
4. Ability to work as a member of the pastoral care team and interdisciplinary team
5. Values and practices the highest standards of professional and personal ethics
6. Participates in special initiatives and religious services within the Medical
7. Reaches out to community clergy and groups to provide education, support, and coordination with medical center care
• Education: Masters of Divinity Degree or equivalent graduate level theological
• Experience: 1 year relevant experience in supervising Level 1 and Level 2 CPE programs.
• License/Certification: Ordination and endorsement by a religious community. Certification as an Associate Supervisor or Supervisor by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) required. Board certification or eligibility for Board Certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC) or by a related organization such as The National Association of Catholic Chaplains or The American Association of Pastoral Counselors required.
Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, in Peoria, Illinois
Seeking a qualified ACPE Supervisor or Associate Supervisor who seeks to serve within its Mission-driven culture. OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, a Magnet Hospital, is a Level One Trauma Center and with the Children Hospital of Illinois, serves approximately 600 patients daily.
Led by the Sisters of the Third Order of Saint Francis, this medical center is a strong, learning-based organization characterized by its close connection with local academic centers as well as a world class simulation center. OSF healthcare is the largest Catholic health care system downstate of Chicago.
The CPE program is currently a satellite of St. John’s Hospital Springfield, IL and scheduled for its Accreditation Visit in July.
The Supervisor reports to the VP of Mission Services, Department –Administration. The Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor provides primary supervision and management of ACPE students and programs in compliance with current ACPE Standards.
This role enables a special opportunity for a gifted, experienced leader with vision and skill who will build upon the solid foundations of a recently established program, housed in a large, brand new space. We seek a qualified, innovative, enthusiastic candidate who can take the program to its next levels of development.
To review qualifications for position, please go to www.osfcareers.org and search job number HOS000256.
For more information, Please Contact: Steve Mattern, VP Mission Services- Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 309-624-2439
|Dates & Fees|
|Current Supervisory Education Students|
|CPE Program Openings|
|Map of CPE Centers Locations|
|Second Year Residency|
|Awards in the Region|